7.5”x10” Caran D'Ache Luminance and FC polychromos on A3 Canson mountboard. Used a little bit of zest-it liquid pencil blend Reference picture used from Pixabay.
I am a self-taught part time coloured pencil artist. I started drawing graphite portraits in 2015 and have since experimented with different mediums like acrylic, watercolours and pastels. I was introduced to professional coloured pencil art in 2017. I have attended workshops and done online tutorials conducted by master coloured pencil artists like Ann Kullberg, Cynthia Knox and Karen Hull. I accept commissioned portrait works.
Most of my works tend towards photorealism and I like to work on different genres of art like landscapes, portraits and still life. I feel that there is beauty everywhere, even in the smallest of things. Through my artworks, I try to capture that beauty or the moment in time for all to see and feel.
• July 2019 – My coloured pencil portrait ‘Embracing All Colours’ was featured in the Color Magazine
• 2019 – My coloured pencil work ‘Graceful’ was published in ‘CP Treasures- Masterworks from Around the Globe’ book by Ann Kullberg.
• December 2017 – Coloured pencil portrait ‘Heartbreaker’ published in CP Hidden Treasures by Ann Kullberg
• 27.09.2018 – My work ‘Graceful’ won one of the Best Art in Show awards at the group exhibition - Nature’s Palette conducted in Melbourne by Indian Australian Artists Association
I have exhibited my artworks in the following art shows
• 29th June to 7th July 2019 - Camberwell Art Show, Swinburne Art University27th March to 7th April 2019 – Verve Colours of Passion, The Track Gallery
• 23rd Nov 2018 – 10th February 2019 – Linden Postcard Show, Linden Art Gallery
• 26th September -9th October 2018 – Nature’s Palette Group Art Show, Brunswick Street Gallery
• 21/22 July 2018 – Verve Colours of Passion group art exhibition, Western Sports Centre, Derrimut
Embracing All Colours
16.52”x11.69” Faber Castell Polychromos, Caran D'Ache Luminance and Pablos, Zest-it liquid blend, Derwent blender pen, blue and red pan pastels for the background on pastelmat.
Reference picture of my brother (Sheldon Rego) and used with his permission.
8.27”x11.69” Caran D'Ache Luminance and Pablos, FC polychromos and Prismacolor verithins on 225 gsm field pad. Reference picture was provided by my client (Teena Rana) and used with her permission.
8.27”x11.69” Caran D'Ache Luminance, FC Polychromos and Zest-it liquid pencil blend on 25x35cms pastelmat. Reference picture provided by my client (Bec Extra) and used with her permission.