15cm x 10cm
Prisma Color Premier Coloured pencils on light grey watercolour paper
References: Free photo for artists
Hi! I’m Alexandra Casboult and I live in Geelong, Australia. I’m 36 years old and a mum to two gorgeous children. My career has always been focused on healthcare (I am a Registered Nurse) but I have really enjoyed branching out into the art community in recent years and using the right side of my brain!
I have always loved drawing but only got back into a few years ago one night when I found an old box of Derwent pencils! Since then, I have drawn nearly every day, won numerous awards, been featured in numerous publications and I have fallen in love with coloured pencils, especially Prismacolor Premiers. I now specialise in detailed and realistic drawings. My work mainly consists of hand drawn pet portraits. I have always loved animals, especially dogs and horses, so drawing them brings me so much joy. Nothing is more satisfying that bringing out an animal’s personality, creating realistic eyes and using different techniques to bring each pet to life. I love that I have been able to turn my hobby into a small business.
This year, I have spent a lot of my time working on commissions for people, exhibiting my work, participating in fundraisers, using my art to promote well-being; & working on my own realistic pieces (I’m always keen to develop my skills). The highlight of my drawing career has been making people smile!
• Worksafe Campaign (May 2019) – featured in Worksafe Victoria’s campaign with other leaders in the community with the aim of preventing workplace injuries. I was representing the art community and discussing how drawing can be promote mindfulness and helps maintain wellbeing.
• GT Magazine (25/08/19 edition) - Featured on the front cover plus a 3-page article on me and my drawings.
• Coastal Living Magazine - Winter 2018 Edition.
• 1st Prize in the Geelong Show Art Competition (coloured pencils) 2018
• 1st Prize in the Geelong Show (other medium category) 2018
• Finalist in the Golden Plains Shire Art Exhibition celebrating Australia
• I was invited to hold a solo art exhibition at the Cuckoo’s Nest Book Store and Gallery (October – Jan 2018)
• Was a finalist and subsequently exhibited in the Golden Plains Shire Australian Art Exhibition in Jan – March 2019
• Was selected to exhibit 2 pieces at Judy Churnside Florist Exhibition (1-month duration in 2017) along with other colleagues from The Geelong Illustrators
• Exhibited 2 pieces at Art 101 on Ryrie Street Gallery (for 1 month) in Feb 2018 along with other colleagues from The Geelong Illustrators
• My drawings are permanently exhibited at Bread Brothers Café and Bakery in Geelong
• Member of CPCAU since August 2018
• Member of Geelong Illustrators since March 2017
• Have been invited to draw the feature art piece for Zoe’s Fight Ball (a charity to help raise money for paediatric brain cancer)
• I have run art classes for students on how to draw with pencils at Newtown Primary School (2018)
• Have been asked to do commissions internationally including Germany and the UK
68cm x 45cm
Prisma Color Premier Coloured pencils on Colorfix pastel paper
References: Tara Wiessman Horse Photography in Germany (used with permission)
Prisma Color Premier Coloured pencils on Canson Mount Board
References: Photo supplied by client and used with permission
“Polish Ballerina Water Fountain”
20cm x 15cm
Prisma Color Premier Coloured pencils on black paper
References: Ballerina Water fountain by Polish sculptor Chodakowska